REQUIRED TESTS: GENOME, NUTREVAL with vitamin D
If you do not have a suitable genome analysis through a CLIA certified lab (23 and me and My Heritage DNA are acceptable direct to consumer labs) or recent metabolomic testing, please contact NGI. Genome kits can be purchased and de-identified through NGI for $150 and the Nutreval can be ordered through NGI as well for $379.
Everyone’s optimal diet is different and is based on their genes and current state of health. When choosing your optimal diet, we must take into consideration the state of your gut health, genetic and lifestyle intolerances and how these factors interact with your immune system. There are several questions that may come to mind.
- Do you have SIBO or yeast overgrowth?
- Do you have issues with fructose, carbohydrate, oxalate, lectins, salicylate, histamine or sulfur metabolism?
- Are you predisposed to heart disease or genetically high cholesterol and does that impact how much fat you should eat?
- Would a high fat diet work well for weight loss or might it result in an increased risk for cardiovascular disease?
- Should you be eating a low salt diet?
- Are there certain nutrients that you metabolize too quickly or not at all?
- Are there any inborn errors of metabolism or inheritable diseases that might be playing a role in your health that can be altered by diet?
- What about intermittent fasting? Will that help or might it cause more stress?
- Are there inflammatory pathways that need to be controlled?
- Did you know the role of fiber being “protective” for type two diabetes and cardiovascular is genetic and in some cases may be harmful?!?
Therapeutic diets such as the Autoimmune Paleo Diet are great to resolve acute medical issues, however, they are intended to be used therapeutically, or for the short-term. Thus, the question really is, what is the type of diet that you should ascribe to that will ultimately prevent you from needing a therapeutic diet? In this panel, we will discover your predispositions for both therapeutic and long-term diets and summarize your Optimal Diet in the Optimal DietDx.
Additional nutritional counseling is strongly suggested and can be scheduled with a certified nutrition specialist (CNS) at the Nutritional Genomics Institute
NGI offers a CNS Level Package: 5 appointments covering intake, testing review, Optimal Diet written document and review, meal plan, follow up and execution. 5 payments of $400
Dr. Christy Williamson is available by referral only.